Monday, September 19, 2011

Cakes and Lakes

I love those moments where you just feel so full of life, where you know where you are is where God wants you to be. I've been blessed with several moments lately where I just felt content and at peace...a rare feeling for me. My roommate and I went to get pedicures last week during some down time (I know, I know, my dad already reprimanded me on that one..."you're there to help kids!"). It was incredibly relaxing, so I say, pedicures for Jesus (actually I was not the original one who said this, but I like it and think it is applicable)! We also had a great lunch at Salad Concept, followed by great dessert which totally undid any nutritional benefit from the salad. My bad.




One of my housemates had a birthday this past week as well, so another roommate baked a cake while Laura & I were out getting pedicures...clearly she is way more thoughtful than us! We were also treated to a traditional Brazilian dessert, brigadeiro, commonly eaten at birthdays. I love that we can each bring something from each of our cultures into the house and share that with one another...I think I will take them all to the McDonald's up the road. That's about as American as you can get! 


Yesterday was my day off so I went on a bike ride with Nikki up a mountain, where there were several lakes up top. We packed along some fruit and ate it at the top, where we enjoyed the sunshine, peace and stillness. It was such a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon, although today my butt is reminding me why biking is not my preferred method of exercise. I also have quite the watch tan, and if you know me, you know that I am NOT happy about this. 





I love love LOVE my Chaco's...aka my adventure shoes.
The kids have been a lot of fun as well lately...see for yourself!




 
Things you can pray for:  
  • A smooth visa renewal next month (I'm making plans now) 
  • God's blessing on the womens retreat next weekend
  • That my time here would draw me closer to my Lord than ever before
  • Pray that I would be a blessing to others, and allow them to bless me in return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment