It's a difficult thing to process the fact that I most likely won't see these children ever again. I have absolutely loved loving them these past few months. They have brought me so much joy, hope, laughter, and life. I will miss coming in to the nursery every morning and having these precious little ones lift their arms up to me to be held, being a human jungle gym, watching Baby Einstein's Old McDonald and Colin Buchanan (those songs will forever be stuck in my head, I think). I think a piece of my heart will always remain here with them. Being here has been the most worthwhile thing I've done with my life, and I will always treasure this time. I've been in a very reflective/processing type of mood this week, but I have to keep reminding myself that I still have a month. It will pass quickly, I'm sure, but it is still a lot of time, and I want to be present and enjoy every moment.
| Human jungle gym...photo credit for the next 3 pics goes to Em/Phoebs |
| Welcome back little miss! How about a hug from your friend to welcome you back from the hospital? |
| She looks like my mini-me, wearing my headband. |
| The boys really liked wearing my headbands...should I be concerned? |
Some highlights of the week included:
- Tiger Kingdom: one of many tourist traps available in the Chiang Mai area. I opted for the baby tigers, as being near an adult tiger kind of makes me fear for my life, no matter how well trained they may be.
| Word to the wise. |
- I took a solo day on my day off this weekend to go to this lake where the locals commonly go to relax. It was gorgeous, peaceful, and just what I needed to help me process life. I had about a 40 minute bike ride out there, during which I realized that even though I idolize Lance Armstrong, I will not be participating in the Tour de France anytime soon. I love my spinning classes back home, but running is still my preferred method of exercise.
- I made paper snowflakes to put up in my corner of the room! It's hard to get in the Christmas spirit when it is still 80 degrees and sunny, but it will just be a little different this year. I'm going to have a hard time getting off the plane in Cleveland!
- We ordered McDonald's delivery to our house...kind of random, but fun nonetheless. The delivery fee is the equivalent of a dollar, so it's really not a bad deal at all. This is for all the lazy people out there...aka, the volunteers at 9:30pm.
As always, thanks for the love, support, and encouragement I have received during my time here. Sending love and prayers back your way during this Christmas season!
No comments:
Post a Comment