Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy 2012 to everyone reading this! Now that we have rung in the new year, the real countdown begins for me...I leave Chiang Mai on the 3rd, and return to Ohio the evening of the 4th. I know I sound like a broken record, but I can't believe how quickly this time has gone. The sermon at church this morning was entitled, "The Power of Moving on." I thought it was quite timely...all about not living in the past, and looking forward to what God has planned for our futures. I am thankful for this experience, and anxious to see all that God has in store for the next year. 

For those wondering, my flight pattern is Chiang Mai - Bangkok - Tokyo - NY (JFK) - Cleveland. I will spend 22 hours in flight, and 34 hours travel time all in all. I remember when I first got here saying that I didn't want to make that trip again anytime soon. It is a 12 hour time difference, so it should be an interesting adjustment.

I am so excited to see family and friends again that I can barely contain myself. But at the same time, I hate leaving here not knowing when, if, I will see people again. I am always caught in a tension. I know that I will leave part of my heart here with these little ones, and it will be hard. But I am also so excited to see everyone back home again.

The purpose of this post was simply to ask for your prayers. Specificially, for travelling mercies, for God to comfort my heart as I deal with separation from children and friends that have been a huge part of my life, and just for discernment as I figure out the next step. See you all stateside!

No comments:

Post a Comment