Thursday, July 14, 2011

"This Could Really Be a Good Life"

When I have a new favorite song, it goes on repeat for quite some time. I've been known to have an itunes play count in the hundreds, just from having a song on repeat. My poor roommates that have been forced to tolerate this awful habit, I just can't help it, once a song is stuck in my head, I have to listen to it all the time! 

Lately my theme song has been "Good Life" by the band OneRepublic. If you haven't heard it, find it on youtube, because it's fantastic. This song so wonderfully verbalizes the emotions I've been experiencing the past few weeks...joy & excitement over the wonderful things to come, and sadness over what I will miss back here in the States. 
"Hopelessly, I feel like there might be something that I'll miss
Hopelessly, I feel like the window closes oh so quick
Hopelessly, I'm taking a mental picture of you now
'Cause hopelessly, the hope is we have so much to feel good about"
Despite my roller coaster of emotions, my heart has been overwhelmed recently with gratitude and a tremendous feeling that I am incredibly blessed. Thank you, dear friends, for being so wonderful. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to connect with some of you before I leave, and hope that you will continue to update me on your lives as I update you on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment