Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Walking by faith

As the date of my departure draws nearer and I realize the immense journey I'm about to embark on, I also realize the great challenge that awaits me...packing. For anyone that knows me, this is not my strongpoint. I've been known to take 4 bags home from school just for the weekend. Seeing as how packing so many bags would mean paying a small fortune, I think I'll be a little more concise with my packing methods for this particular trip! 

One of the recurring comments that I have heard when discussing my trip recently is from friends and family who have stated "I'm so proud of you." Another trademark of mine is my tendency to surround myself with familiarity. I'm a creature of habit, and for me to take a risk, step out of my comfort zone, and take a leap of faith is somewhat unusual. One friend commented that it isn't like me to just pick up and leave, and she was proud of the fact that I was willing to be courageous and to trust that this is what God has for me right now. Another friend told me that if I told her a year ago I would be going to Thailand for 6 months, she wouldn't have believed me. Funny how God works, isn't it?

I just got home from spending some time with my wonderful aunt & uncle, and my mentor and one of my biggest supporters, TE, reminded me of the simple truth that God's will will never take me where the grace of God won't keep me. As I spent time with this amazing couple whose lives have been intricately entwined with the life of Agape, I was reassured that although yes, this is a huge leap of faith, God blesses those who are obedient to his calling. 

Chris Tomlin's song, "I will follow," expresses this sentiment best:
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve, I'll serve
If this life I lose,  I will follow you
I will follow you"
P.S. If anyone has any packing tips/suggestions, please share. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment