Hello dear friends and family reading this!
To those who have been asking, my street is no longer flooded! It went down after a day or two, but thank you for your concern for my safety! It continues to rain on a frequent basis, including quite the downpour on my way back from the grocery store yesterday. Keep in mind, I was on my bike, which made it fun...I had my rain jacket with me (I never go far without it these days!) but I've decided that those pit zips are a blessing and a curse...they do allow for ventilation, however they also let water in...oh well. I've gotten used to the fact that it rains frequently, reminds me of my summer in Colorado, and those are wonderful memories. =)
Church this Sunday was absolutely beautiful. I cried...but then again I always have been sensitive like that. I think it is just a beautiful thing to be singing praises to God, and the person next to you is singing it in a different language, yet we are worshiping the same God! It has been such a unique experience and such a blessing to be able to participate in church on Sundays. I love the heartbeat of that church...even though Christianity isn't exactly popular around here, the Spirit of the Lord is moving in the hearts of those people and they have a passion to share Jesus with their family and friends. I feel honored to be able to worship with them.
On the way to church, we were piled into one of the Agape vans, and one of the girls sitting on my lap leaned back and made a scared face as we passed a temple. In all innocence, she pointed to her chest and said, "Jesus - me. You, Jesus?" I smiled and nodded, and thought what simple faith she has. If only we all had such childlike trust and faith, it seems so much harder as adults to live with that child like faith. Something to strive for, I guess.
This morning I had the opportunity to go to Vieng Ping (the government orphanage) with the volunteer coordinator from Agape. We only spent a couple hours there, but it broke my heart within minutes. So many children, and the conditions are just not the same as at Agape. Laura warned me not to freak out before we walked in. Many of the babies were just sitting in their cribs, some crying, some sitting in dirty diapers. They're not as smiley as the kids at Agape, who are quick to laugh and who know that they are loved. Some of the kids have some developmental problems, like one little boy who has suffered from brain damage, but has the most beautiful big brown eyes that look at you. Laura and I held them, smiled at them, and loved on them for a while before we had to leave. As much as it made my heart ache, I couldn't help but think how much more our heavenly Father's heart breaks for his children. We'll be going to Vieng Ping on a regular basis, so I'm eager to continue to love on them.
Jess,
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love hearing about your trip and the ways God is moving through you and around you in Thailand. It's hard to fathom that kind of experience. Also, I'm beyond impressed that you are finding time to work out! Go you! I just wanted to let you know that I am missing you and hope we can skype soon, once your computer gliches get straightened out. Also, could I have your mailing address? That'd be fabulous. Love you and miss you. Praying for your safety, happieness, and protection always. Kels
dang it, happiness. Typographical error.
ReplyDelete